The Middle Georgia Regional Commission is seeking to fill the position of Director of Aging Services.
The Middle Georgia Regional Commission provides services to 11 counties and 20 cities in Middle Georgia through its office located in Macon, Georgia. This position is in office and is full-time with benefits.
The Director of Aging Services is responsible for:
- providing overall leadership and management of the Aging Department, including implementation of Aging services through independent providers;
- planning and coordinating Aging activities throughout the service area;
- establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships to assure effective Aging operations and quality service delivery;
- assuming overall responsibility for planning the Aging budget (approximately $5 million annually), and
- working with state and regional policy and advisory boards.
This position is part of the MGRC management team and works in conjunction with the Executive Director and other Department Directors to address organization-wide issues and concerns. This position requires a talented individual who can engage collaboratively with local governments in a professional, resourceful, trustworthy, accountable, efficient, and innovative manner.
Qualified applicants should have knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a master’s degree from an accredited college or university combined with two to four years of progressively responsible, relevant work experience.
Interested persons should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted for this position until filled. Candidates for the position will be subject to a criminal background check, motor vehicle license verification, pre-employment drug screening and skills assessment.
The Middle Georgia Regional Commission is an equal employment opportunity employer.