Complete Count Committee
Complete Count Committee 2020 Timeline
- 2018-2019 Education Phase
- January-February 2020 Awareness Phase
- March-May 2020 Motivation Phase
- May-July 2020 Reminder Phase
- Starts July 2020 Thank you Phase
Census Complete Count Committee Workshop presentation
DCA Local Governments & Local Complete Count presentation
Census Response Outreach Area Mapper (ROAM) web application identifies areas that typically have low response rates for censuses and surveys. For more information about Census ROAM, click here. To view the Census 2010 Participation Rates Interactive Map, click here.
For more information on the Census Complete Count Committees, click here.
New Construction Program
The New Construction Program provides tribal, state, and local governments an opportunity to update the U.S. Census Bureau’s residential address list with living quarters for which construction is in progress during or after March 1, 2018 and completion is expected by Census Day, April 1, 2020.
New Construction Program Timeline
- April-May 2019: Invitation and registration materials sent to Highest Elected Officials and Tribal Chairs of eligible governments.
- June 14, 2019: New Construction Program registration deadline
- September 2019: Registered participants receive/download materials
- September 2019: Training webinars begin
- September-October 2019: Email reminders sent
- November 22, 2019: Final deadline for submitting addresses.
- December 2019: Closeout materials sent to partipants
For more information on the Census New Construction Program, click here.
Local Update of Census Addresses (LUCA)
The Census has developed a map which shows areas that the Census Bureau has received submittals for. Please note that like the LUCA Participation map, there may be a delay in the updating of this map. It can be found on the LUCA website under LUCA Respondent Viewer or by clicking here.
- January 2017: Advance notification of LUCA mailed
- April 2017: LUCA promotional trainings begin
- July 2017: Invitation letter and registration forms mailed
- October 2017: Technical training workshops begin
- February 2018: Participation materials mailed to registered participants. ** 120-day clock begins upon receipt**
- August 2019: Feedback materials sent to participants and the 30-day appeals process begins.
- April 1, 2020: Census Day
For more information on the 2020 Census LUCA, click here.
The primary way that local, county, and tribal governments ensure that their legal boundaries.. and consequently, their official population counts are correctly recorded with the federal government.
Annual BAS Timeline
- December/January: Program information sent to participants
- January 1: Date annexations must be legally in effect
- March 1: Submission deadline for population estimates program and ACS
- May 31: Submission deadline for changes to be included in subsequent BAS materials and in the 2020 LUCA materials
For more information on the Census BAS, click here.