- January 2017: Advance notification of LUCA mailed
- April 2017: LUCA promotional trainings begin
- July 2017: Invitation letter and registration forms mailed
- October 2017: Technical training workshops begin
- February 2018: Participation materials mailed to registered participants. **120 day clock begins upon receipt**
- August 2019: Feedback materials sent to participants and the 30 day appeals process begins.
- April 1, 2020: Census Day
The primary way that local, county, and tribal governments ensure that their legal boundaries.. and consequently, their official population counts are correctly recorded with the federal government.
Annual BAS Timeline
- December/January: program information sent to participants
- January 1: sate that annexations must be legally in effect
- March 1: submission deadline for population estimates program and ACS
- May 31: submission deadline for changes to be included in subsequent BAS materials and in the 2020 LUCA materials